Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me trichotillomania

I've been dealing with trich for a while now and it seems to be getting very worse. I used to have long and beautiful eyelashes, but now they're very short, sparse, and brittle. My eyelids hurt because I pull so much..and my bottom eyelashes are basically nonexistent. Please help me nay one ?

Comments

• I can honestly say that I know how you feel. We have some great expert advice on this forum. For me, making it through the first 3 weeks was the answer. I spent little time at home, kept myself very busy and told myself it would only take 3 weeks before all my eyelashes were back and no longer in the painful growth period. Then when I had all my eyelashes and eyebrows back, I was able to say that pulling now would just reactivate all that pain and misery. I hope you find this helpful, Jonathan and welcome to the site.

• Hi, I feel you're pain. I have suffered eyelash pulling for nearly 30 yes. I'm surprised they still grow. I now use tweezers to pull which I really didn't want to do but it getting harder to pull since they are so short. Like you my eye lids get sore and red, they can get into a real mess x
  • Hide the tweezers Heather! It will be tough (really, really tough) but you need to get those things gone. I found the first 3 days after chucking the tweezers really hard, but it does pass. Like Max says - you've got to break that cycle. Pulling when it hurts, then it hurts because you've pulled. Give those eyelashes a chance. Try gently applying vaseline to the sore areas, or holding the back of a metal spoon on your eyes when they feel sore. It sounds mad, but it will help to soothe them and keep your fingers away at the same time. Best of luck and welcome to the site Jonathan.